Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yesterdays thoughts...

Since it only took me a short time to read this mornings new posts, I thought I'd go back to my y360 page and read my first blogs. I started writing about six months into my transition, right after I had lost my job. (I had a little time to kill!) I was in one of the worst depressions I'd ever been in, so much so that I had my wife take enough of my old rifle to work with her to make it useless to me. I write about getting the job I have now, and then a few weeks later, it tells of me slowly, a little at a time, changing from Steve to Stephanie at work. I wrote how thrilled I was, how it was just 'SO COOL' how people were treating me. Reading these early blogs, reminded me of just how lucky I am to be able to be me and live this life I have now. It's only been 27 months since I went full time, but it seems so long ago, so far away. That old life is fading away, but then there wasn't much to it. It was just a waiting period, and although 'Stephanie' has aways existed, these last 27 months are her life. I can see her growing up, and I wonder what ten years from now will look like.

Stephanie

No comments: