Monday, February 2, 2009

Walkin' on egg shells...

Well, the lay off rumors at the plant weren't just rumors. They sent 28 people home today with pink slips and a memo stating the cut in the work force was due to the slow economy. Rumor has it though, that they lost a contract with a major company due to sending wrong and poor quality parts. The parts go through umpteen inspections, and they still got it wrong? Jees! It didn't matter if you had worked there 1yr. or 30 yrs., some of each were let go. The greater majority were blue collar workers, of course. It's going to be hard for them to find work around here. There's not much hiring being done. ...I'm not too worried about my job, yet. The contract that we are working under doesn't expire until June. That's when I'll worry. By then, maybe the economy will show signs of improving. Let's hope!

I go see the Dr. tomorrow. It's just my usual check-up, although he had me go for blood work, specifically, my phosphorous level. I don't know what too much, or too little phosphorous does to your body, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If I have time, I'm going to the county courthouse and get some info on changing my name. I found out I didn't need a lawyer to do it, I can fill out the forms and file it myself. Maybe, if I understand the forms. Legal stuff, you know.

I'm trying to diet again. I gained 10 pounds since New Years and can see the spare tire inflating. So, it's back on my special pickle diet. I take those big dill pickles and add hot peppers to the jar to get a pickle that is just barely edible. I eat one for breakfast then two light meals the rest of the day. Works for me! Usually I'll lose about 4 pounds a week, with it taking two weeks to eat a gallon jar of pickles. The trick is, eating a second gallon. By then you really don't want a pickle anymore!

Ok, I'm up late, and I have to get up early. BYE!

Stephanie

No comments: