Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clicking the delete button

Well, I tried writing tonight.

I started writing a post about hating my mailbox because all I get are bills and junk mail.

Then I wrote one telling about how when I was a kid I'd hide in a dark, quiet place and withdraw into myself.

Finally I tried asking the question, "When you leave manhood, what will you take with you from your male days when you change to female?"

Everything was deleted because I couldn't hold a thought long enough to get any real content to post.

You would not believe how much it pisses me off that my mind is not functioning right! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!

Stephanie

6 comments:

Amy K. said...

Sending hugs your way. Hang in there...

Caroline said...

Stephanie, I do that too.

I stopped writing the posts on the post page but now write in a document. I still delete some but they can easily be saved and worked on later and it seems less intimidating than a half finished draft on blogger.

Now we will never know your take on manhood!

Caroline xx

Melissa said...

You are not alone, Stephanie. I think it happens to everyone from time to time. You just cant force it. I love it when almost automatically, the words just come flying off my fingertips, but sometimes the mind just takes a break. Don't worry. It will come back to you.

Melissa XX

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, with periods where I dont write for a few weeks then write again. I find it difficult to write anything interesting more than a couple of times a week.
The same happend to my guitar playing. Sometimes I cant be bothered for months.
I think for me it is due to stress limiting how much i feel I want and can do.
Hope you feel better soon. Although it is easy to withdraw it is better to share your feelings in some manner if you can.
x

Terry said...

I think we all do that. I've got a whole lot of unpublished blogs that I'll never post as well. Sometimes it's good to just release thoughts into the great void.

Calie said...

Steph, as everyone else says, you are not alone. I have not been able to write anything in over a week now. Just not in the mood. I need to be in the mood to write.

You did suggest some nice topics so follow through with them when you feel up to it.

In the meantime, how about a virtual hug?

Calie xxx