Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stress relieved, stress received

The visit to the lawyer this morning eased some tension. As long as we make the payments on time we won't get into any more trouble. We found out Patty Lou's employer hadn't been making the payments on time like she was suppose to, so now the bankruptcy trustee will turn to us to see that they are. That's a good thing 'cause we always make our payments on time. The first payment doesn't have to be paid until the 27th of Dec. so we have a little time to get Patty Lou or me back to work. Getting all of this told to us by our lawyer gave us some comfort. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight!

But then again...

I saw my therapist this evening. I realize now that this woman has told me a pack of lies. She hasn't a clue how to treat a transsexuals needs when it comes to medication. She insists on me staying off my HRT and letting my anti-depression drug Invega (which she up'd the dose) do it's thing. I kept telling her how the crazy, swirling thoughts in my head calmed down when I was on my hormones, but she wouldn't listen. I'm to see her in two weeks to let her know how I'm doing on the higher dose. I think I'll have to explain to her how the female brain I have needs estrogen with no testosterone. If she'd just wrap her head around me having a female brain it would get through to her. It's the same as if you put a female that has had a hysterectomy on testosterone. She'd become an angry, frustrated woman who couldn't function. That's what I am right now. Spiro with the estrogen stops all of that. But then, you girls on HRT know that, learned in transsexual 101. When I got home from my appointment tonight, I told Patty Lou, or rather, in my ranting at Patty Lou, I said I should become a therapist treating transsexuals. If I had the patience to get through schooling I would. There is an obvious need for someone who knows what a transsexual is.

Stephanie

5 comments:

Amy K. said...

Whew! I'm glad things look a bit better now. I need a good therapist too, but I can't believe yours. If she was a doctor, I'd be muttering, "Quack, quack" under my breath. Truly unbelievable.

chrissieB said...

Um, that is a bit worrisome, Steph....

I have to wonder if someone isn't carrying out a bit of experimentation on you....

If I were you, I'd want to know WHY she doesn't want me to take the hormones.

Confused chrissie
xxxxxxx

Stephanie said...

Chrissie, she keeps spouting the dangerous side effects as the reason for not being on hormones, but I think your experimentation theory is right on. She's been pushing the drug Invega at me since we first met. I'm giving her a short time to give me what I need and if she doesn't we will part ways. I've only received medication from her anyway, no counseling, which is only what I wanted.

Anonymous said...

I agree your theapist sounds like she has no idea how to work with transexuals.
Would it be possible for you to get a second opinion or change to someone with experiance?
I am glad your lawyer put your mind at rest.
x

Calie said...

I'm glad the stress is somewhat relieved, Steph.

I think your therapist needs therapy.

Calie xx