Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Reoccurring Dream...

I'm walking down this wide, wooden stairway, the sun beaming through a window over my left shoulder. It illuminates the landing where I stand, the rich wood tones from the stairway and the bright orange of the sun complimenting each other. I recognize this stairway, it is a mirror image of the one at my old grade school. Three landings, I'm on the second. I'm wearing a long summery flowered print skirt, a red blouse, and sandals, my hair a brown wig I owned back in the 80's. I'm in my early twenties, carrying school books in my right arm, children running everywhere. I'm smiling, descending the stairs, staring straight at me, but it isn't me, there is no substance to this watcher. Just a dark entity, being watched from behind. ......I wake-up....

Stephanie

1 comment:

alan said...

Everytime I read something like this I'm grateful I don't remember my dreams! I'd go crazy trying to understand them...

alan