Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Addition


Happy New Year!

....I was debating weather to go out or stay at home all day, finally, at the last minute, decided we would go out. Since it's a 23mile trip to town, Patty Lou picked me up at work and we went directly to the bar. Why we went, I don't know. We sat there complaining about the loud music, the drunken people, and the crazy idea that someone had about tying ribbons to balloons that hung down in your face as you moved about. Dumb! I drank two beers, Patty Lou had a coke, and we left at 11:15 getting home just in time to see the ball drop in New York. Happy New Year! I swear I'm staying home next year.

....Ahh, but we started off the new year in a good way. Today we went and got ourselves a new puppy from an animal shelter so I would have company in the mornings while Patty Lou is at work, and her company at night when I'm at work. His name is Nate, a Lhasa mix, 7 months old, and very friendly. I said some time ago that I wasn't going to get another dog to become attached to, and I said I'd never have an inside dog, but I'm an old softy with a big heart and when she showed me his picture on pet finders, I couldn't resist. ...sigh. His messes on the floor may make me crazy for awhile, but he'll learn, or rather he'll train me to know when he needs to go out. Maybe I can learn!

....I hope everyone had a safe start to the new year. Let's be optimistic that this year will be a better one than the last, and that all our wishes for this year come true.


Stephanie

3 comments:

Renee said...

Right back at you!

I think it's awesome you brought Nate into your home. No doubt he's celebrating too. I'm just a tad jealous, so make sure you take lots of pics and post them for me to see!

Le visage d'avril said...

ooooooohhh So cute!!

We stayed home, had nice dinner and we were in bed after midnight west coast time.

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to you too. Cute puppy!