Saturday, January 3, 2009

Privately...

As the gray days continue, today's little ray of sunshine warmed me from head to toe. Just like most of you who have someone special in your life, when we are alone, my wife calls me by a pet name that no one else does, Skeeter. That was what my mother called me when I was little, (I WAS all arms and legs!) Patty Lou picked it up from her. (my mother hung that name on her too) Anyway, today, while she was trying to get the dog to leave her alone for a minute, (he's very demanding) she says, ..."Go see what Steph is doin'." ...I became Steph. WOOHOO! She's been real good about calling me Steph or Stephanie in public, but at home this is a first. I haven't heard a 'she' or 'her' yet, other than when we are at the bar, but I'm pleased. Small steps forward are still steps in the right direction. Yeah!
OMG! Now you know my pet name. Alright, but if we should ever find ourselves locked in the throws of passion, I'd better not hear it!!!

Stephanie

No comments: