Thursday, January 15, 2009

Work related thoughts...


Lately, it seems like one worry passes and another takes it's place.
...Everything was going along as usual at work tonight until I see the contract for the cleaning company I work for on a desk and along side of it there is a post-a-note with the name of another company on it. Whenever a company tries to save money, one of the first places they look at is the janitorial services. I think we are cheaper than anyone else, but now I'll be worried about my job for awhile. ...sigh
No R-E-S-P-E-C-T
...Under the heading of 'Men are Pigs' comes this. I was cleaning one of the men's bathrooms tonight when a guy comes in, eases up to the urinal, pulls IT out, and pees. I never heard him come in, so imagine my surprise when I turned around and there he was. Most of the men there give me a chance to leave before they do their business, but there are a few who don't. And it isn't just a tranny thing either. They have done it in front of my daughter, but I get the least respect. When the next one does it, I think I'll walk over, give IT a good look and say, "Mines bigger!" Maybe he won't be so apt to show it off anymore.
More from the 'Men are Pigs' category.
...Why is it that men not only don't respect women, but they don't even think about the next man. There are a couple of these goofs that paper the toilet seat, trying to protect themselves from the little critters I assume, and then when they're done just get up and walk away. No removing the paper, no flushing, nothing. The next guy either has to clean up after him, or find another stall. In this same bathroom, two out of three were papered without flushing and a mess waiting for me to take care of. In the 28 months that I have done janitorial work, there has never been anything like this in the ladies rooms. They respect the next person in line. This is just another good reason for me to change sexes. Who would want to be associated with a group of knuckle dragging neanderthals like this? MEN!!!

(Oh, as you can see, the hair is darker. Not quite as thin, but still with the ugly comb over. yuk!)
Stephanie

2 comments:

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Angel, the newspapers are there too, with a trash can three feet away! But the graffiti? I've been waiting for something about me all the time I've worked there. Finally, something was written on the wall. "Stacey Penny is a bitch!" ...Gee, do I not even rate bathroom graffiti?