Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This here ain't got no title y'all!

Arkansas language humor! lol

First, has anyone heard a story about a transsexual (Lucie something?) being found dead in New Jersey while doing some kind of a retreat thingy? There was a story on our local news yesterday, (Tuesday) reporting that she was from Little Rock, Ark. I missed her last name and I'd like to see if I can find anything about her and the circumstances of her death. It surprised me so to hear the word transsexual on our local news that I missed most of what they said. It's the first time I've ever heard a story here about a trans person. Television stations just don't cover those stories here, which leads me to believe there was something different about this one. Like maybe she was part of an influential family. I did a search, but without a last name I didn't get anything, and KATV.com doesn't have the story listed. Maybe I can find it in the newspaper.

Now, I wanted to write about a list. I need to make a list. My appointment with my therapist is a week away and I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of things I want to talk about. The problem is, I can think all I want and don't have a clue as to what I want to talk to her about. Seems like I have a dozen thoughts, but not one of them wants to raise their hand to be noticed. Since everything is going good with me at the moment, I'm not stressed out and not in need of help right now. That's the only time I feel the need to talk to someone, when my mind is going into those dark corners when everything seems hopeless. I'm in a good place right now. I guess I'll tell her this and see where she wants to go with it. ...(giggle), it's a week away, by then the sky may be falling!

Stephanie

6 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Steph, luckily you already have something readily available to you to remind you of the bad feelings you've struggled with. It's a blog called "Stephanie...Just Stephanie". Perhaps you've seen it?

I suggest that you get a sheet of paper and re-read some of the things you wrote four or six weeks ago when you were at the end of your rope. You may not be feeling them at the moment, but they still bear discussion with a professional. Don't waste your appointment! You don't have to be sad in order to discuss sad things.

That was my stern reply. My warm reply is: I'm delighted that you're happier now! Rock on, sweet lady!

chrissieB said...

Hah!!

I had a mental list of things to discuss, but it went out of the window in about 2 minutes flat.

I found it's best played as Jazz.

love
chrissie
xxxx

Unknown said...

It's here: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=6911563

A transsexual woman from Arkansas was in Camden, NJ to participate in a voodoo ritual. She died, but the cops aren't saying why or how.

I've not seen any follow-up, yet.

Carolyn Ann

Calie said...

@leslie - You would have been a good school mom!

@Steph - Leslie has a good point!

Melissa said...

Good answer, Leslie Ann! Steph, you can just make printouts of your blog, and carry them with you. Maye make two copies, so your therapist can read along with you.

Melissa

Stephanie said...

Girls, I already gave my therapist access to all my blogs, which, if I think about it, it scares the pee water out of me. It's one thing to tell the world your story, but then to have someone sitting in front of you questioning you about it. Ooooo, I shudder. Oh well, too late to worry now.