Monday, March 16, 2009

Dog tired...

We, my daughter and I, found out late Friday that the people from corporate headquarters were coming today, (Monday) so we cleaned that nasty airplane plant from top to bottom yesterday. Having worked 11hrs, today I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I haven't had more than a 7 hour day in nearly two years. Add to that, my sedentary lifestyle, (I sit on my butt a lot!) not being in shape, cleaning places that even your mother wouldn't look, and every part of this ol' girl is hurting. I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I should get myself on at least a minimal exercise program. I never had to do any extra exercises when I was doing construction work, it kept me in physical shape, although I did weigh 40 pds heavier. (due to excess beer, excess herb, followed by excess munchies!) HRT probably has something to do with me being so tired today too. I've never heard of anyone in sports going on a no testosterone, pumped full of estrogen regimen for endurance! Me sitting here writing isn't going to help in any quick recovery either, least I forget that I have to be back at work at 4pm. Falling in that 'silver lining' category, the place is clean, it should be an easy night! I'll empty the trash cans, resupply the paper products, and say goodnight. That's the plan for now anyway. Who knows what my daughter has in mind! ...sigh

Stephanie

1 comment:

alan said...

Last summer I'd been working close to 12 hours for almost a year with a lot of 6 day weeks thrown in. I was beyond exhausted, mentally and physically. When I found out I "had my hours" to retire, I fled and never looked back!

I hope this doesn't become a steady thing for you...I'm not sure I'm over it yet!

alan