Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trial, error, and accepting one's fate...


Hair extensions should be used for what they were intended for, extending the length of ones hair. (that's probably why they call them extensions! duh) Trying to use them to fill-in thinning areas on top will leave you with an unsatisfying look which will cause you even more frustration over your hair problem. So much frustration in fact, that your thoughts automatically jump back to that old safety net, or safety it seems, of returning to that shadow of a man you were.

..."If I can't be comfortable with the way I look as a woman, why not be uncomfortable as a man where looks are less important?"

Of course it isn't as easy as that, I couldn't go back, but there that thought was, right out front. Yep, and me having told many of you that it isn't how you look that matters, it's how you feel. Forget what I've said, I'm an old fool. For on this day I would gladly, without hesitation, exchange any chance of ever having SRS and acquiring a feeling of being whole, for a full head of hair and looking like I was whole.

...Sorry, today my thoughts are all about my hair and trying to come to terms with the knowledge that I'll have to wear a hairpiece or wig, as bad as I hate that. The extentions will be washed out as soon as possible. It looks like I'll be living in my 'gray' world for awhile, down an out. I'll try not to poop in your comment section...

Stephanie

6 comments:

chrissieB said...

Don't get down, Steph... drop me an e-mail and we can talk if you like.

luv
chrissie
xxxx

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alan said...

I don't know how affordable some of the replacement systems are...I'd obviously be a prime candidate, but financially I could afford a spray can and that's about it!

I hope you can find some way to deal with this that you can live with! There has to be a way!

alan

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alan said...

That was what I meant...I remember seeing it as late as the 90's on late night TV.

alan

The Crossdresser's Girlfriend said...

Sometimes you just gotta pull up your big girl panties and get on with it! Nothing good ever happens to us when we're feeling down. You gotta wrap your head around the fact that having a wig doesn't make you any less authentic. I know LOADS of gorgeous women who wear wigs and hair pieces. You and I have never seen Dolly Parton's real hair and Pamela Sue Anderson? Biance? Tina Turner? Cher? I must admit I was disappointed when I saw your extensions. The thought that a professional let you pay them $500 for that is an insult...they knew what you wanted and all you really paid for was hope and people prey on hope. They took advantage of you but to let yourself get down on your choices and disregard your progress is silly. That's what a 15 year old girl does...not you...not you who has endured so much and have a story worthy of a mini-series. Stop yourself. Bite the bullet and go try on some wigs. You will change your mind.