Saturday, March 28, 2009

Faces...


Patty Lou basically uses this computer for email and games, playing hours and hours of spider solitaire. She knows she can click on this site anytime she wants to, but she doesn't, granting me my privacy I suspect, but I haven't asked. The only time she reads anything here is if I ask her to come see it. She hears me talk about you all the time, but for the most of you, she has never seen your faces. Knowing that adding a face to a blogger here gives the writer a, I don't want to say credibility, maybe realism, how 'bout, gives the writer a personality. You feel you 'know' them. This is what prompts this idea I have. I want to take your picture and use it for my desk top picture. Then when she turns on the computer she will see your picture and ask me who you are. I'll change the picture every now and then giving her a chance to 'meet' all of you. No one else will see your pic, just her, so you can be assured I'm not going to throw your picture to the Internet wolves! Now, I know I could do this without you knowing, but it doesn't seem right if I would. I'm NOT that kind of girl! lol ...If you have a favorite pic you would like me to use, you can email it to me.
.......What do ya think? Good idea? Yes? No? ...Let me know....

Stephanie

6 comments:

Lori D said...

Well, sure.
But I want Patty Lou to know this:
Patty Lou, YOU ROCK!

alan said...

Fine with me but please cover the mirrors first...and perhaps attach a warning and a cover!

alan

Michelle said...

hi Stephanie,
I'm game :) if u do use my pic, please tell Patty Lou how wonderful I think she is. To many of our friends lose there spouse and sometime there family during transition. To have a spouse stay and support us tells me how wonderful a person she is.
{{HUGS}} to you both
Michelle

Calie said...

YOu know, Stephanie, I don't post my picture. Well, it is posted in one spot. It is a perfection thing with me. If I am not perfect, no one sees me in femme mode. Only a couple of my closest friends have seen a picture. I'm working this out with myself. Hopefully, one of these days...

I do think it is a wonderful idea.

Stephanie said...

Calie, I do understand the 'perfection' thing, I'm the same way. I wouldn't care about my thin hair if I wasn't, knowing that there are many women who have a worse problem with their hair than I do. I respect how you feel. We each decide when it's time for us to step over the threshold and no one should or can rush us. When your ready....

Dana Smith said...

Fine by me. I'm so glad you have someone to share your experiences with. That tends to make this path a little easier.